Women Who Lift Weights is created by Coach Rob King
About Coach Rob King
I am an entrepreneur, writer, and coach. My current project has been focused on creating and developing an online community for women called Women Who Lift Weights.
Our WWLW Facebook Community has grown to almost 90,000 Women #Strong. Our WWLW Shop has served women in 45 different countries.
For the past 10 years I have owned and operated Heavy Weights Training Center, a gym focused on Strength Training, PowerLifting, and Body Transformation. Most of my clients consisted of women.
I have a remarkably diverse background with regards to coaching. I was a team Canada Head Coach for the 2019 Masters Equipped World Championship that took place in South Africa, the 2019 IPF World Open Championships in UAE Dubai, and the 2019 North American PowerLifting Federation Championships in Costa Rica. I was also assistant coach for Team Canada at the 2019 World Bench Press Championships that took place in Tokyo, Japan.
I have coached thousands of people from varying sports and fitness levels. My major focus has been Women’s Fitness and Bikini; Recently I have put more of my attention on Powerlifting and strength training.
I have had the pleasure of writing for some of the top fitness websites and magazines in the world. Some of the magazines include Strong Fitness Magazine, Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Inside Fitness, Muscle Insider, The PTDC, and Elite FTS. BigBenchas.com, T-Nation.com, and Schwarzenegger.com are just a few of the websites.
I have a diverse background in Strength Sports, Martial Arts, Bodybuilding, Weightlifting, and Powerlifting. Currently, my focus has been competitive Powerlifting. I have competed in more than 50 powerlifting competitions and was selected to represent Team Canada 13 times.
My best accomplishments on the Platform are:
- 5-time World Medalist
- 3-time Commonwealth Champion
- 5-time NAPF (North American Powerlifting Champion)
- Pan Am Champion
- Commonwealth Deadlift Record Holder & National Record holder
- Multiple Time Canadian National Champion.
In June of 2018 I had a total hip replacement. A year and a half later in October 2019 I competed at the IPF Equipped Masters Worlds Championship in South Africa where I was also the Head Coach for Team Canada. I took home 3 Worlds Medals that included a bronze in squat, bronze in deadlift, and Bronze for overall. It was a lifetime achievement to get on the Worlds Overall Podium.
My Certifications include:
- Strong First Girya Kettlebell Certification (SFG - Utah)
- Strong First Lifter Barbell Certitication (SFL - Boston)
- Training For Warriors (TWF) Level 1 & 2
- Poliquin Bio Signature 1 & 2 (Las Vegas)
- Certified Physical Preparation Specialist (CPPS Boston)
- Certified Weightlifting Coach
- Voted Personal Trainer of The Year in 2014 in Orange County California.
- Black Belt in WTF Tae Kwon Do